This recipe is one that I came up with one day while trying to make something different. All of the alfredo-type sauces that I've tasted are too thick, heavy and rich and even with all of that....they never have enough flavor. This dish is something you can make after coming home tired from work because it's easy, tastes amazing and you can eyeball the ingredients according to how much less or more you want to make or how thick you want your sauce to be.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil water for pasta and salt water prior to adding pasta.
- 2Trim any fat off the chicken and butterfly the breasts. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- 3Bring chicken broth to a boil and add chicken and red pepper flakes on med/high heat until cooked. You'll notice the broth might thicken somewhat. This okay because you'll use this as the base for your sauce.
- 4Remove chicken once all pink is gone and chicken is cooked though. Hold with tongs and shread chicken with a fork. Set aside.
- 5Lower heat to medium and add in two cloves of garlic and saute for only about 1 minute.
- 6Add cream to broth and garlic.
- 7Roll up basil leaves and chop into thin ribbons. Add this to cream mixture.
- 8Add chicken and cooked pasta into sauce mixture.
- 9Add parmesan cheese and stir until well blended.
- 10Leave to thicken slightly on medium heat for about 5-10 minutes.
- 11Add pepperonchinis.(The yellow picked peppers mentioned above. These are on the pickle isle of your grocery store).
- 12The sauce will not be as thick as alfredo sauce gets, but will be even better! Just serve with warm French or Italian bread!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Chicken Bow Tie Pasta in Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 688.5
- Calories from Fat 351
- Total Fat 39.0 g
- Saturated Fat 19.6 g
- Cholesterol 210.0 mg
- Sodium 330.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 39.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: