Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
Better than anything you can buy at a fast-food restaurants. Don't have sourdough bread? Just use regular buns of your choice.
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt (not table salt)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pinch fresh ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon hot sriracha chili-garlic sauce (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dry rub seasonings (recipe above)
- 8 slices thick bacon, cooked crisp
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves, pounded thin
- olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 loaf dense artisan sourdough bread, cut into 8 slices, each about 1/4 inch thick (about a 1 pound loaf)
- tomatoes, slices
- For the Rub: In a small bowl combine the spice ingredients; Reserve one teaspoon for spicy mayonnaise.
- Spicy Mayo: To a bowl, add the mayonnaise, lemon juice and Sriracha with the remaining 1 teaspoon spice mixture; stir to combine.
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat (350° to 450°F).
- Brush the flattened chicken on both sides with oil and season evenly with the spice mixture.
- Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the chicken strips over direct medium heat, with the lid closed, until the meat is firm to the touch and opaque all the way to the center, 4 to 5 minutes, turning once. During the last minute of grilling time, toast the bread over direct heat, turning once.
- Spread the bread slices evenly with the spicy mayonnaise. Assemble each sandwich with lettuce leaves, tomato slices, two bacon strips and chicken. Serve immediately.