Recipe by basia1
Aother recipe from Cooking Light's Open House Plan! This looks good enough to have for dinner rather than an appetizer with some brown rice. Have not yet tried it - prep/cook times approx.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup grated seeded peeled cucumber
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place half of chicken in a food processor; pulse 6 times or until chicken is coarsely chopped.
- Spoon into a large bowl; repeat procedure with remaining chicken.
- Add onion, garlic, and egg.
- Combine breadcrumbs and next 6 ingredients; add chicken mixture, stirring well.
- Shape mixture into 40 (1-inch) balls.
- Place flour in a medium bowl.
- Roll each chicken ball in flour; place in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- Microwave at medium-high (70% power) 6 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes.
- Combine oil and paprika in a skillet; place over medium heat until hot.
- Add chicken balls; cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve warm with Cucumber Dip.
- Cucumber Dip: Place cucumber on several layers of paper towels; cover with additional paper towels.
- Let stand 15 minutes, pressing down occasionally.
- Combine cucumber and remaining ingredients in a bowl; cover and chill.