- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chicken
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 pinches ground ginger (or to taste)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or 2 -3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cored fresh pineapple, drained and cubed
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil or 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- hoisin sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mix the chicken, soy sauce, ginger, cayenne, garlic, pepper, and cilantro.
- Form into 20 balls.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat; cook balls for 6 minutes, giving the pan several shakes as they cook.
- Cut one open to make sure chicken is cooked through; add in pineapple chunks and remove pan from heat.
- Drop 3 or 4 serving-size spoonsfuls of hoisin sauce into the pan and shake to coat the balls and pineapple.
- Transfer to serving dish; serve with bamboo skewers or toothpicks.