Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Awsome flavor keeps this one in my most used recipes file. I love this for a main dish with larger chicken pieces or as a savory hot dip for tortilla chips, useing smaller chicken chunks, it's sure to please! We tend to punch it up with more green chiles or hotter yellow ones, depending on what mood we're in! It's also VERY easy to make!
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 6 ounces green chilies, drained chopped
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 3 ounces black olives, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 6 ounces taco flavored tortilla chips, crumbled a bit
- 12 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- Place everything except the cheese into a 3 quart casserole.
- Stir to blend, top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees, covered for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
I really enjoyed this dish. I didn't use fat free canned soup, but reduced-fat. I used 4 oz of green chilies instead of 6 oz. I added some chili powder. Fabulous!
This is great! I didn't have green chilies on hand so I used chipotle peppers and I didn't add olives. Very tasty and easy to make!! There is no temp mentioned in the recipe so I cooked it at 350.