Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
An adapted, healthier version of Olive Garden's delicious Zuppa Toscana. Great with a sprinkling of asiago or romano cheese and served with warm bread and a nice vouvray wine. For this recipe, I use Han's All Natural Garden Vegetable, Asagio Cheese Chicken Sausage .
- Heat 1T olive oil in large stock pot.
- Add chicken, removed from the sausage casings. Brown then set aside.
- Add chopped onions to remaining oil in pot: saute.
- Add chopped garlic.
- Add chicken broth, slowly.
- Add peeled, chopped potatoes to broth mixture.
- Add oregano, basil and salt.
- Add chopped parsley.
- Add crushed red pepper to taste.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes until potatoes are done.
- Add some of the hot broth mixture to the milk, then slowly pour back into stock pot broth mixture, or heat milk in microwave before adding to broth mixture.
- Add sliced or chopped kale and sausage.
- Reheat and cook about 5 more minutes.
The Asiago is missing in this recipe.
Very tasty and hearty! I used Italian spiced sausages and also added half a Poblano pepper to give it a bit more heat. Really good served with fresh baguette.
Fantastic!! Easy to prepare and tastes wonderful! Even tastes good reheated the next day. Thanks!!