1 hr 5 mins
Chef #411629's Note:
An adapted, healthier version of Olive Garden's delicious Zuppa Toscana. Great with a sprinkling of asiago or romano cheese and served with warm bread and a nice vouvray wine. For this recipe, I use Han's All Natural Garden Vegetable, Asagio Cheese Chicken Sausage .
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat 1T olive oil in large stock pot.
- 2Add chicken, removed from the sausage casings. Brown then set aside.
- 3Add chopped onions to remaining oil in pot: saute.
- 4Add chopped garlic.
- 5Add chicken broth, slowly.
- 6Add peeled, chopped potatoes to broth mixture.
- 7Add oregano, basil and salt.
- 8Add chopped parsley.
- 9Add crushed red pepper to taste.
- 10Simmer for about 30 minutes until potatoes are done.
- 11Add some of the hot broth mixture to the milk, then slowly pour back into stock pot broth mixture, or heat milk in microwave before adding to broth mixture.
- 12Add sliced or chopped kale and sausage.
- 13Reheat and cook about 5 more minutes.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Chicken Asiago Soup
Serving Size: 1 (379 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.2
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 58.1 mg
- Sodium 1338.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 13.3 g