Recipe by Bergy
This is a lovely crisp finger food served warm to compliment a glass of wine or a cocktail. It is also good served as a snack. They are baked not deep fried! You may make the sauce posted or serve them with a prepared Teriaki sauce or a hot Thai chili sauce. You may double the recipe to make 48 appetizers. Remember to allow time for the Spring roll wrappers to defrost ahead of time- overnight in the fridge is best..
Top Review by Sara 76
I made these exactly as written, and they were a hit! My husband and my 7 year old son particularly loved them (although DS had them without the sauce - he likes spicy, but not quite that spicy lol). Very very tasty! I have read the other reviews, and I disagree about the cinnamon, it really lifted the flavour, worked well with the other ingredients. These have a very definate Asian flavour, and we will be making them again (today's batch is already all gone!)
- 6 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, minced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup baby carrots, fresh, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce, regular
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 24 spring roll wrappers
- light cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons thai hot chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Start to brown your minced Chicken, breaking it apart, cook 3 minutes.
- Add the onions, stir fry another minute.
- Add the carrots, cilantro, bean sprouts & garlic. Cook 2 minutes.
- Add ginger, soy, cinnamon & chili.
- Cook for 1 minute longer - set aside to cool.
- Keep your Spring Roll wraps under a damp paper towel.
- Take out one at a time add 1 tbsp of the cooled chicken mixture in the center of the wrap.
- Fold up the bottom then bring in each side and roll it up one more time so you have a small bundle.
- Place seam side down on a lightly oiled cookie sheet.
- Very lightly spray the tops of the appetizers with oil, or you may lightly paint them with oil.
- Bake at 375F for apprx 15-20 minutes turning them half way through the baking. They should be nicely browned & crisp.
- Let them rest 5 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile make the dipping sauce.
- In a small saucepan Mix your soy sauce, honey & Chili sauce.
- Mix the cornstarch with the water.
- Add to sauce pan & bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Serve on the side with the appetizers.