Recipe by Bonjour Elle
Thick, creamy and every so slighty spicy. Delicious and simple to make.
Top Review by Honorlore
Excellent dinner. Easy to prepare, and used ingredients already on hand. I added a bit more of the chilies for a great zip, and a touch of soy in place of salt. Delicious! I'm looking forward to leftovers tomorrow!
- 2 inches fresh gingerroot
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried chili
- 1 pinch salt
- pepper (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 chicken breasts
- 6 ounces risotto rice
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1⁄2 ounce butter
- 1 dash white wine (1 splash)
- 1 large zucchini
- 1⁄2 lime
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare chicken by dicing into approximately 1 inch cubes and slice zucchini into small cubes, roughly the same length as a grain of rice. Rusticness is the key here though so don't worry about the odd lump here and there.
- Make up chicken stock with 1 pint boiling water.
- Start by preparing the glaze for the chicken; mix together a pinch of salt, dash of ground pepper, the spices, 1 crushed garlic clove, honey, crushed ginger root and 1 tbsp olive oil and a twist of lime. Put to one side.
- For the risotto, melt the butter in a large heavy pan over a medium to high flame. Add remaining crushed garlic clove and add rice. Coat the rice in the butter for approximately a minute and a half. keep stirring to prevent sticking.
- Add a splash of white wine and stir for a further 15 or so seconds.
- Add half the chicken stock and leave to simmer on a medium flame for 3 minutes. Just before adding remaining chicken stock, add diced zucchini. Leave covered for 5 minutes, then keep checking to see the moistness of the rice for a further few minutes, it should be sticky and creamy, if it gets dry, add a little water. The rice should not be totally soft when served, but "al dente.".
- In a separate frying pan, add a little olive oil and leave to heat. Add chicken and bay leaf and cook for 30 seconds. Add glaze prepared earlier and fry until cooked all the way through.
- Take off heat, stir chicken through and serve! Wonderful with a large glass of white wine.