- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups chicken broth or 4 cups vegetable broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the onion, carrots, celery, zucchini, jalapeno, chickpeas, turmeric, cinnamon, chicken broth, water, salt and pepper to the slow cooker. Mix ingredients and cook on low heat for 4 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- When vegetables are tender add chicken breasts, whole and cook for 30 more minutes or until done.
- Remove chicken breast and cut in bite size pieces. Return to slow cooker.