Recipe by English_Rose
Fragrant chicken and olives, spices and succulent sun-blushed tomatoes make up this tempting salad.
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon mild chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 lime, juice of
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb in total)
- 2 teaspoons clear honey
- 8 ounces italian-style salad leaves
- 3 1⁄2 ounces sun-blushed tomatoes
- 3 1⁄2 ounces black olives, pitted (good quality, such as Kalamata)
- salt and black pepper
- ciabatta, to serve (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the garam masala in a shallow, non-metallic dish with the paprika, cumin, chili powder, garlic, half the lime juice, half a teaspoon each of salt and pepper and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil.
- Stir to combine. Cut the chicken breasts into 1in strips and toss in the spice mixture until well coated.
- Set aside for at least 15 minutes to allow the flavours to develop (or up to 24 hours is fine, covered with plastic wrap in the fridge).
- Heat a large, non-stick frying-pan over a medium heat and then add the chicken strips. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side until cooked through and well seared.
- Place the remaining lime juice and the honey in a screw-topped jar. Season to taste, then shake vigorously until the salt has dissolved. Add the remaining 4 tablespoons of olive oil and shake again until emulsified.
- Tip the salad leaves into a bowl with the sun-blushed tomatoes and olives. Add enough of the dressing to just barely coat the leaves.
- Divide between serving plates and arrange the seared chicken pieces on top. Serve at once with chunks of ciabatta bread, if liked.