Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great weeknight dinner, it's very easy to get together and quick to make. The hot salami can be substituted with mild, or you could even use bacon or prosciutto.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 500 g chicken, diced
- 50 g hot salami
- 75 g kalamata olives, sliced
- 100 g Baby Spinach
- 2 cups tomato and basil pasta sauce (I use Barilla)
- 350 g fettuccine or 350 g pasta, of your choice
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- Slice salami in half and cut into thin strips.
- Cook pasta according to packet directions.
- Add olive oil to frying pan and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook over a medium heat until cooked through.
- Add Salami and olives and stir to combine.
- Pour in tomato and basil sauce and heat through.
- Add baby spinach leaves in batches and cook until wilted.
- Serve over pasta and top with Parmesan cheese if desired.
WOW! This was great. I made a few changes. I used garlic basil olive oil, instead of plain, 350g. of chicken, 50g of turkey pepperoni, no olives, 100g. of baby spinach, 3 cups of Barilla sweet pepper chunky tom. sauce and 200g. of Rotini. Also, I cooked the chicken in the microwave rather than on top of the stove. Btw, the turkey pepperoni is nice & spicy. My husb. rate this a 10 star recipe. Thank you..thank you...Sarah~
This came together really fast and was very tasty. Whilst I would make it again without changing a thing, it wasn't quite a 5 star recipe for us. I guess I have made many similar recipes and it had no suprises. I did buy salami labled "extremely hot" and that was a suprise ;-) I used a basic tomato sauce and added 1 teaspoon of dried basil to it.
Quick and easy, tasty meal. Will definitely make this again. I used about 300 g chicken breast fillet, and 200 g wholemeal spiral pasta. I think the full amount of chicken would've been better, but I do prefer a higher sauce to pasta ratio so was glad I used a bit less pasta. Thanks for another great weeknight standby, Sarah!