Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Cooking Light. May 2007.
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) baglong-grain boil-in-the-bag rice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chili paste with garlic (such as sambal oelek)
- 1 teaspoon bottled ground fresh ginger (such as Spice World)
- cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups matchstick-cut carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts
- 2 cups snow peas, trimmed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup dry-roasted unsalted peanuts
- Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Keep warm.
- Combine sugar and next 4 ingredients (through ginger) in a small bowl.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add oil to pan. Add carrots and pepper to pan; sauté 2 minutes.
- Add chicken and peas to pan; sauté 1 minute. Transfer chicken mixture to a large bowl; stir in salt.
- Return pan to heat. Add soy sauce mixture to pan; bring to a boil.
- Cook until reduced to 1/4 cup (about 1 1/2 minutes), stirring constantly.
- Arrange about 1/2 cup rice on each of 4 plates; top each serving with about 1 1/4 cups chicken mixture.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon sauce over each serving; sprinkle each serving with about 4 teaspoons peanuts.