Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Plain old chicken and rice gets a flavor booster from spicy soup and pepper jack cheese. If you can't find Campbell's Chicken Verde soup (my store sometimes doesn't have it) use regular cream of chicken and add about 2 T jalepeno juice.
- 2 -3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked rice (NOT Minute rice)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can creamy chicken verde soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can chicken and rice soup
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place shredded chicken evenly in a 9x13 dish. Top with rice and then cheese.
- Mix the remaining ingredients well and pour over chicken, rice and cheese. (This is going to look VERY runny--it is supposed to. It all cooks down and cooks the rice. This is why you cannot use Minute Rice).
- Cover with foil and bake for one hour. Remove the foil and bake 30 minutes longer, or until all liquid is absorbed.