Prep 12 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is wonderful served over noodles. I use the no yolk ones.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch strips
- 1 1⁄2 cups green peppers, julienned
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In non-stick skillet, cook chicken, green peppers, onion and garlic in oil until chicken juices run clear.
- Stir in tomato sauce, tomatoes, and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes.
This is very good. It tasted similar to chicken caccciatore, but with a little added spice and flavor. I used a little extra garlic, chili powder and freshly ground pepper.
Inez's recipes always deserve 5 stars. After I had tried several recipes from Zaar; I realized that alot of them came from Inez. I then checked her out and all her recipes. Every recipe she's posted that I've tried so far has been from great to outstanding; this one included. I doubled the recipe easily (I got a supersized skillet) and served it with white rice and a salad. Thank you once again Inez for sharing. :) Scott
Wonderful Inez. We really liked the garlic and pepper flavor. Very well seasoned and easy to make. I served over linguine noodles. A quick, easy, and deeeelicious meal. Thanks for sharing your awesome recipes.