Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A good quick spicy chicken dinner. From Southern Living.
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half, cubed
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 8 ounces penne, cooked and drained
- In a large saucepan, over medium-high heat, saute the celery, garlic, onion, and bell peppers in hot oil for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the chicken; saute stirring frequently, 3-4 minutes or until done.
- Add in the salsa; stir; bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add in parsley, salt to taste, and hot sauce; stir.
- Serve sauce over pasta.