Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
In 'From the Ground Up' by James Villas
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon chopped sweet pickle
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- fresh ground black pepper
- Tabasco sauce
- In a food processor, combine the chicken, ham, pickle, and lemon rind and grind almost to a puree.
- Scrape the mixture into a bowl, add the butter, nutmeg, salt, pepper, and Tabasco, and mix until well blended and smooth.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for about 30 minutes.
- Serve on thin rounds of rye bread or crackers.