Recipe by Zelly Bell
I threw this together one morning using leftovers from a Mexican dinner. Big hit with my family. The measurements of the spices are approximate, use your best judgement. Great with warm tortillas!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Since I'm really not that big on the use of hot sauce, I added just a very small amount to 1/4 cup of a mild salsa (part of the total amount of salsa used later on in the recipe) & that worked out just fine for us! Followed the recipe from then on & we had a very satisfying breakfast! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef] Want to check out PAC? Click here http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498
- 226.79 g chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- tapatio hot sauce
- fresh ground pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 59.14 ml milk
- 0 onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 236.59 ml Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml oregano
- cayenne pepper
- 118.29-236.59 ml salsa
- 44.37 ml butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss the shredded chicken in a large bowl with Tapatio and about a quarter teaspoon of fresh pepper, set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter and saute green bell pepper and onion on medium heat for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to the skillet.
- In a medium bowl, lightly whisk eggs and milk. Pour into skillet and stir. Add salsa.
- Allow eggs to cook, stirring occasionally. Before they completely firm up, sprinkle in garlic powder, oregano, cayenne pepper, and a dash of fresh ground pepper.
- Add cheese to the skillet and allow to melt into the scramble.
- Serve with warm tortillas and refried beans.