Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I threw this together one morning using leftovers from a Mexican dinner. Big hit with my family. The measurements of the spices are approximate, use your best judgement. Great with warm tortillas!
- 226.79 g chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- tapatio hot sauce
- fresh ground pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 59.14 ml milk
- 0 onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 236.59 ml Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml oregano
- cayenne pepper
- 118.29-236.59 ml salsa
- 44.37 ml butter
- Toss the shredded chicken in a large bowl with Tapatio and about a quarter teaspoon of fresh pepper, set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter and saute green bell pepper and onion on medium heat for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to the skillet.
- In a medium bowl, lightly whisk eggs and milk. Pour into skillet and stir. Add salsa.
- Allow eggs to cook, stirring occasionally. Before they completely firm up, sprinkle in garlic powder, oregano, cayenne pepper, and a dash of fresh ground pepper.
- Add cheese to the skillet and allow to melt into the scramble.
- Serve with warm tortillas and refried beans.
Since I'm really not that big on the use of hot sauce, I added just a very small amount to 1/4 cup of a mild salsa (part of the total amount of salsa used later on in the recipe) & that worked out just fine for us! Followed the recipe from then on & we had a very satisfying breakfast! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef] Want to check out PAC? Click here http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498
Very good! I couldn't find Tapatio, so I used our favorite hot sauce. Nice blend of flavors and very filling. Thanks for sharing!