Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is from the Foodcourt column of today's Weekend magazine. Hope you enjoy it!
Make and share this Spicy chicken and cashew stir-fry recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 large onion, peeled,washed and thinly sliced (lengthwise)
- 1 red bell pepper, washed and sliced lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon garlic and red chile paste
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, washed and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted cashews, fried
- Heat a tbsp.
- of oil in a wok.
- Saute chicken in batches in it until tender.
- Remove from wok and keep aside.
- Then, heat the remaining oil in a pot.
- Add onions and bell pepper.
- Stir-fry until onions turn just soft.
- Add garlic-chilli paste, chicken, coconut milk, chicken stock cube and 1/4 cup of water.
- Stir-cook until the mixture starts boiling.
- Add an additional stock cube, if desired, after checking for seasoning now.
- Add cashewnuts and chopped basil.
- Remove from heat and serve hot.
This is a very nice and easy-to-make dish. I made this according to the directions with no substitutions. It was a different flavour - probably because of the coconut milk, but we liked it - especially with the freshly chopped basil. Good the next day as well.