Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe was from a magazine, but I slightly changed the ingredients and the instructions. We are not fans of green peppers, but this was delicious! We served it with steamed white rice. Definitely added to the favorites file.
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (10 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup (can use low fat)
- 3⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- seasoning salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together everything except the chicken, salt, and pepper, to make a thick sauce.
- Spray 2 baking dishes with non-stick spray and spoon enough sauce to cover the bottom of each pan.
- Arrange the chicken pieces in each pan and season with seasoned salt and pepper.
- Spoon the rest of the sauce over the chicken.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until chicken is done.
Quite good, thanks for sharing! Served over brown rice with broccoli on the side. A very nice dinner. Made for ZWT9
Alrighty... I finally got around to making this. It is great! There were only a couple of little changes made, but none that effeted the outcome... I used regular cream of chicken soup (no low fat for us) and I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts, since that is what I had on hand. Otherwise, everything else was the same. I served this with white rice. I fed 2 adults (hubby & I) and 2 teenage boys (I now wish I would have doubled the recipe LOL). Thanks for sharing this recipe. (Made for ZWT9)
This is a must try! Wow! I made as directed and served atop Caribbean Yellow Rice although atop white rice would be just as nice! DELICIOUS! Even picky DH had difficulty admitting he LIKED IT! This is a sleeper recipe and so GOOD! Thanks, Michelle! Made for ZWT9, team Gourmet Goddesses.