Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
A barn burner.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 tablespoons butter or 5 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 cups chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 16 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (optional)
- In a large Dutch oven, saute the onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons butter until tender.
- Stir in the broth and next 6 ingredients.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, simmer, uncovered 10 minutes.
- In a large zip-top plastic bag, combine salt, garlic powder, pepper, basil and cumin; mix well.
- Add chicken and toss to coat.
- In a skillet, saute chicken in remaining butter until juices run clear.
- Add chicken to tomato sauce; simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Top with chicken mixture.
- Garnish with sour cream, if desired.
Hubby & I really liked this dish. It is SPICY! lol, I will be toning down on the spicyness a notch or so next time. But it is defintely very good. I love the chicken, so tender and full of flavor. I did change servings to 4 and there are just two of us and still had about 3 containers of leftovers in the fridge! It makes a lot! Thanks for sharing!!
This was a very nice recipe with a spicy sauce but not too spicy. I cut down the amount of butter by a couple of Tablespoons and used bone-in chicken thighs instead of breasts. I found this made a ton of sauce and didn't know what to do with it all....I ended up freezing some sauce. Thanks for posting!
Wow this was delicious !!! We didn't change a thing -- definitely spicy but really great !! Thank you for sharing !!