Recipe by megancox
Quick and easy chicken meal that my husband whipped up one evening when we couldn't find a recipe to our taste. Goes really well with onion, parsley and tomoto salad with lemon dressing. Serve with amba (spicy mango chutney).
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lemon, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 2 red chilies, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 large chicken breast
- 3 teaspoons hot paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Rduce heat and saute garlic, rosemary and chillies until browned.
- Cut the chicken into 2" cubes.
- Add the chicken to the pan.
- Cut each slice of lemon into quarters and add to the pan.
- Add turmeric and paprika in stages, ensuring the chicken is evenly coated with each addition.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Fry until chicken is cooked through, but not dry.
- Toss the chicken every two minutes to ensure even cooking.