Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Toasted, cheesy, spicy, meat and potato sandwich.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (20 ounce) bag Simply Potatoes Homestyle Slices
- 1 (16 ounce) French bread
- 16 ounces turkey hot dogs (low fat, low sodium) or 16 ounces chicken hot dogs (low fat, low sodium) or 16 ounces beef hot dogs (low fat, low sodium)
- 1 (8 ounce) can Mexican tomato sauce (spicy hot )
- 16 ounces low-fat monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1Heat oven 375 degrees.
- 2Cut down the center and toast the French bread loaf (14" or so) on nonstick pan and the bag of potatoes on another nonstick pan for about 4-7 minutes until the bread is browned. Flip over the potatoes for another 7-10 minutes or until slightly browned and a few edges.
- 3In the mean time, cut turkey dogs down center lengthwise but not all the way through and brown in full shape round in nonstick frying pan. Add the can of sauce and let them simmer on low for about 3 minutes. Place the turkey dogs split open along the bottom of the bread, save some sauce, top with potatoes and then the sauce. Place the cheese across the top. The cheese should be sliced or shredded. Put top of bread on.
- 4Put back in the oven for about 3-5 more minutes. Slice in a little over 3" slices.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy, Cheesy, Meat N' Potato Sandwich #SP5
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.3
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 582.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 13.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes Homestyle Slices
Mexican tomato sauce
low-fat monterey jack pepper cheese