Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Toasted, cheesy, spicy, meat and potato sandwich.
Make and share this Spicy, Cheesy, Meat N' Potato Sandwich #SP5 recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (20 ounce) bag Simply Potatoes Homestyle Slices
- 1 (16 ounce) French bread
- 16 ounces turkey hot dogs (low fat, low sodium) or 16 ounces chicken hot dogs (low fat, low sodium) or 16 ounces beef hot dogs (low fat, low sodium)
- 1 (8 ounce) can Mexican tomato sauce (spicy hot )
- 16 ounces low-fat monterey jack pepper cheese
- Heat oven 375 degrees.
- Cut down the center and toast the French bread loaf (14" or so) on nonstick pan and the bag of potatoes on another nonstick pan for about 4-7 minutes until the bread is browned. Flip over the potatoes for another 7-10 minutes or until slightly browned and a few edges.
- In the mean time, cut turkey dogs down center lengthwise but not all the way through and brown in full shape round in nonstick frying pan. Add the can of sauce and let them simmer on low for about 3 minutes. Place the turkey dogs split open along the bottom of the bread, save some sauce, top with potatoes and then the sauce. Place the cheese across the top. The cheese should be sliced or shredded. Put top of bread on.
- Put back in the oven for about 3-5 more minutes. Slice in a little over 3" slices.