Recipe by Sackville
I created this one night, to give something a little different from the normal fried zucchini.
- 1 egg
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced (about 20-25 slices)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chili flakes
- oil, for frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the egg in a bowl and grind in some black pepper.
- Throw the zucchini in the bowl and toss to coat with egg.
- Pour enough oil in the frying pan to coat the bottom of the pan (for a 9" pan this only takes 2-3 tbsp, I use a non-stick pan) and heat.
- When the oil is hot, lay the zucchini slices in the pan, one by one, until the entire surface is covered.
- Cook over a high heat for one minute or until browned.
- While the zucchini is cooking, sprinkle over some chilli flakes and a bit of parmesan.
- Flip the zucchini and do the same on the other side.
- Remove the zucchini to some paper towel to drain while you do the next batch.
- Serve immediately.