Recipe by PillsburyPimp
This is a very easy way to make spicy and cheesy corn muffins that would be great served on their own (as a snack) or with soup. The best thing is that the ingredients are very cheap!! I came up with this while playing around with Jiffy corn muffin mix which costs $0.45 at my grocery store. Sriracha is a chili sauce that you can get at Wal-Mart for a couple of bucks. It's very spicy and will last you a very long time.
Top Review by DeeVaFoodie
These are very good muffins, both cheesy and spicy as the name says. I found the batter to be extremely liquidy even with just a quick stir-together but they seemed to bake up just fine. They're not in any way dense inside but rather very fine and light. Instead of the sriracha I used 1T of chili paste. They were delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe, I made these for Pick-A-Chef Spring 2011.
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) box Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sriracha chili sauce (I like mine very spicy- use 1 tablespoon if you aren't into spice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Whisk egg, milk, honey, and sriracha together in a bowl.
- Then add the dry muffin mix and about 3/4 cup of the cheese.
- Mix until moist (don't over-mix).
- Spoon into a greased muffin tin (I just spray it down with PAM).
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on the tops of the batter.
- Bake for about 12 - 15 minutes or until tops are brown.