Prep 45 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a great snack for movie night or poker night.
Make and share this Spicy Cheese Straws recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 325.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter until fluffy.
- Add Cheese and mix until blended.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix till it forms dough.
- Put dough in refrigerator for 30 minutes. You want slightly stiff dough, but that is pliable enough to pipe through the cookie press.
- Have cookie press fitted with the ridge tip or star tip.
- Press dough in 2-inch strips on cookie sheet.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until lightly browned.
I know I changed things a bit, but I needed to cut back on the amount of seasoning, so used just 1/2 teaspoon of the cajun seasoning, & half the amount of cayenne pepper, too! Still had some wonderfully flavorful cheese tasties, & will be making them again in another couple of weeks! Thanks for posting this great recipe! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block recipe tag]