Recipe by Sherrybeth
A "hotter" twist on an old favorite. I don't remember where I got this recipe but my daddy loves it.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup carrot, 1/8-inch cube
- 1⁄2 cup celery, 1/8-inch cube
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 2 lbs Velveeta cheese, small cubes
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped (fresh)
- 1⁄2 cup jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a Dutch oven.
- Add the carrots, onions and celery all at once and saute' until soft but not brown.
- Add flour and stir to combine.
- Cook until mixture begins to turn light brown in color.
- Over medium high heat, add the chicken broth a little at a time.
- Stir well and continue to cook stirring with a whisk until a thick base forms.
- Add half and half being careful not to let it boil.
- Add cheese, stirring until melted.
- About 15 minutes before serving, add the parsley and finely chopped jalapeno peppers.