1/2 Photos of Spicy Cheese Puff Appetizers
This inexpensive, yet very easy to make party tray appetizer is packed with flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 loaf unsliced white bread or 1/2 loaf rye bread or 1/2 loaf pumpernickel bread
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 2 egg whites, beaten stiff
- 1Cut crust from bread; slice bread into 1 inch cubes.
- 2Melt butter and cheeses over low heat, stirring to blend. Add spices and Tabasco sauce. Fold in the beaten egg whites.
- 3Toss bread cubes into cheese mixture to coat and place on parchment lined cookie sheet in a single layer (leaving a small space between each piece). Refridgerate 2 hrs or overnight (or you can freeze them and bake later).
- 4Preheat oven to 350°F and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Cheese Puff Appetizers
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.8
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 38.3 mg
- Sodium 360.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 6.2 g