Recipe by mandagirl
These are my husbands favorite. You can adjust the cayenne pepper to your liking.
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into bite size chunks
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 10 -12 slices American cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together; melted butter, seasoned salt, minced garlic, cayenne pepper and black pepper. Set aside.
- Prepare potatoes and onions.
- Mix potatoes and onions together in large bowl and add butter mixture.
- Stir to coat well.
- Spray a square casserole dish with non stick cooking spray.
- Spread 1/2 of the potato onion mixture on bottom of dish.
- Place 1/2 of the cheese slices on top of potatoes.
- Repeat layers.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs on top to cover.
- Bake, uncovered for 1 hour at 350 degrees.