Recipe by Wendy-Bob
We have a LOT of new potatoes from our allotment when they're in season and, once the novelty wears off, boiled potatoes and butter can get a little tiresome, so I like to mess around with ideas to liven them up a bit. This is one of them. Please note that measurements are approximate as I eyeballed the amounts, so you may want to focus on the concept rather than the figures!
Top Review by gertc96
These were outstanding..... I really enjoyed the flavor.... We bought the mexican cheese blend that was already shredded and I was wondering after I prepared them, how it would taste with some pepper jack cheese as well..... These were a plus and got 5 stars from the entire family........
- 12 new potatoes (depending on size)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 100 g mexican cheese (or as much as you like)
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 200c.
- Slice new potatoes to about 0.5cm thick and par-boil for approximately 5-10mins until mostly cooked.
- Spread potatoes out in an oven proof dish and dot the butter about evenly over the top.
- Season with salt and pepper and cover with cheese (you can grate it or just put it on sliced - it works either way).
- Bake in the oven for approximately 10mins or until potatoes are cooked and cheese has fully melted.
- PLEASE NOTE -- My oven temperature is notoriously misleading, so please don't rely too heavily on my timings and settings. No-one knows your ovens like you do so just adjust as you see fit.