Recipe by tomsawyer
From October 2008 RR. *In picture, steak pieces were mixed in*
Top Review by ChelseaW
This was a very good and well flavored cheese sauce. I was hoping for more of a queso dip and it is thinner than that, but my false expectations are not the recipes fault. It is very rich and by the end I wanted just a bit more kick, which is why I gave it only four stars. However, there was not a drop left and all the boys at my table loved it!
- 3⁄4 lb parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chipolte chilies, finely chopped, in adobe sauce
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into chunks
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, toss together the parmesan cheese and cornstarch.
- In a medium saucepan, cook the milk, chicken broth and chiles over medium heat until warm.
- Add the cream cheese and cook, whisking, until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Bring to a simmer and add the parmesan mixture, a large handful at a time, stirring until smooth.
- Cook the sauce over low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Serve the fondue warm with whatever you like, such as pretzels, potatoes, bacon, cauliflower, etc.