Recipe by Meredith K.
These are SO good and SO easy, I don't know why I don't make them more often. These are savory, NOT sweet, but the method is more like making cookies than anything else, hence the name...
Top Review by MarshHen
OMG, I have been looking for this recipe for the longest. A co-worker used to make these little gems every holiday and bring them to work and everyone devoured them. I alway's wanted to ask for the recipe, but never did...now I have it. I'm making some for myself first though before sharing with others. Thank you so much for posting this amazing, but easy recipe, Meredith!
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 8 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated (Use orange for these, even if you normally buy white cheddar.)
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne (more to taste)
- pecan halves (You want pretty ones ( save the broken ones for something else.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream together butter/margarine and the grated cheese.
- Add flour and cayenne; mix until thoroughly blended.
- Roll into marble-sized balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet. These barely spread at all, so fairly close spacing is OK.
- Press a pecan half onto the top of each dough ball to flatten to about 3/8 inch think.
- Bake 15 - 17 minutes.
- Cool completely before eating!