Recipe by Pinay0618
Very Super Bad Child Number Two loves cauliflower, so I try to find as many ways to prepare it as I can. This recipe is from the Whole Foods website. Yogurt can be substituted for the mayonnaise to cut down on the fat and calories. Preparation time listed includes chopping and steaming the cauliflower.
- 2 1⁄2 cups cauliflower florets, steamed until very soft and cooled
- 4 ounces neufchatel cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 -2 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend, shredded
- 3 cups about 5 ounces baby spinach leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F Pulse cauliflower in a food processor until very smooth. Add Neufchatel, mayonnaise, jalapeno, garlic, salt and all but 1/2 cup of the cheese and pulse until very smooth. Add spinach and pulse until chopped. Scrape into a 1-quart ovenproof baking dish or casserole, sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake until hot and bubbling, about 35 minutes. Serve with pita chips or toasted baguette slices.