Recipe by DailyInspiration
From the "California Sizzles" cookbook. A California twist on tapenade and a little "kick" to boot. On my list of appetizers to try. Prep times does not include refrigeration time.
Sun-Dried Tomato Spread
- 1 1⁄2 ounces sun-dried tomatoes (packed in oil preferably or can use dried)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 5 basil leaves, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch sugar
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1 loaf French baguette, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the sun-dried tomatoes if dried. To re-hydrate sun-dried tomatoes, place them in boiling water for 5 minutes, then drain.
- Place the tomatoes and remaining ingredients; except goat cheese, in a container and refrigerate for 4 hours. Process in a food processor until smooth.
- Prepare cayenne toasts by preheating oven to 200 degrees F. Combine ingredients, other than bread, in food processor, mixing well. Lay bread slices on a cookie sheet. Brush tops lightly with spread. Cook 1 hour until crisp. Cool.
- To serve, place sun-dried tomato spread on cayenne toasts and top with a sprinkle of goat cheese.