Top Review by Angela Sara
This is the best way to cook cauliflower!! The fresh gingerroot gave it a unique flavour. There was enough liquid from the tomatoes for the cauliflower to cook. I used just a little of the garam masala, absolutely delicious. Thank you for posting.
- 4 tablespoons ghee
- 1 inch gingerroot
- 2 green chilies, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 3 tablespoons minced coriander
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat ghee in a large casserole.
- When hot, toss in the ginger, chilies, mustard and cumin seeds.
- Fry till the mustard seeds start to pop.
- Stir in the cauliflower, coriander, turmeric and salt.
- Stir fry for a couple of minutes, till the cauliflower starts to turn brown.
- Then add the tomatoes.
- Cover, reduce heat to low.
- Cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the lid and stir fry for a few minutes till the liquid has evaporated.
- Sprinkle with garam masala and coriander greens and serve.