Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A delicious, satisfying side dish - or even a meal unto itself.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lbs red potatoes
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 (4 ounce) cansmild chopped green chilies
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated monterey jack cheese (or one of your choosing) or 1 1⁄2 cups havarti cheese (or one of your choosing) or 1 1⁄2 cups brick cheese (or one of your choosing)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (optional)
- Heat olive oil in wide, deep skillet or Dutch oven.
- Slice onions and add to pan, cooking over medium heat until wilted, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and continue to cook.
- As onion cooks, wash and cut potatoes into 1" chunks. Trim cauliflower and cut it into pieces no bigger than the potatoes.
- Add potatoes to pan and increase heat to high. Stirring often, cook about 10 minutes.
- Add cauliflower, lots of salt and pepper and canned chilies.
- If you're using a Jalapeno, mince it and add to pan.
- Stir well, cover and lower heat to medium-low. Cook 15 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Place in serving bowl and toss with half of cheese.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over top.