2 hrs 15 mins
I've been making this one for over 30 years now, and still have not learned that by the end of April it's all gone.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook tomatoes, peppers and onions without adding water for 1 hour hard boil.
- 2Press mixture through a strainer.
- 3Return to heat and add salt, sugar and spices.
- 4Boil rapidly until thick again.
- 5Strain again to remove whole allspice and cloves.
- 6Return to heat, bring to hard boil and add vinegar.
- 7Boil till desired consistency.
- 8Laddle into hot jars and seal immediately.
- 9Can be processed in a hot water bath, boiling 5 minutes, I never do and have not had one spoil yet.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Catsup
Serving Size: 1 (4104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.7
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3539.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.1 g
- Sugars 62.7 g
- Protein 8.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: