Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Crispy on the outside, tasty on the inside. Try them with coleslaw and REAL (LOL) german potato salad.
- 2 lbs catfish fillets, baked,cooled and flaked
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 large potato
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups crushed saltine crackers
- Cook potato in microwave for 5 minutes, until tender, cool, peel, mash.
- In a large bowl, add catfish, egg, potato, mayo, mustard, onion powder, parsley, hot sauce, cayenne, salt, pepper, basil.
- Mix well.
- Shape into eight patties, make sure they're uniform in thickness.
- Coat with cracker crumbs.
- Heat oil (about 1/4 inch deep) in a large non-stick skillet.
- Cook patties, a few at a time, until browned on both sides.
- Serve with tartar sauce if desired.
Fantastic! I made this for the first time tonight, and everyone liked it. In fact, my father-in-law said it was "Real Good". An enormous compliment. The only thing I did different was add about 3/4 cup of cracker crumbs to the mix before making patties because I was having trouble getting them formed right. We served with cole slaw and scalloped potatoes.Thanks for the great recipe.
I made these a few days in advance for a football party and of course we had to try one. Man was it hard to eat just one. Forget crab cakes! I only used about a TBS of oil to fry each side, I don't think you need a 1/4 inch. For a sauce I used Chipotle Aioli Chipotle Aioli on this site. Thanks Chef morelhunter. Can't wait to make these again.
thank you for such a wonderful receipe... i know i will use it many many times in the future..