Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe on the back of a box of HEB Instant Rice. I make variations of it all the time using whatever I have on hand. I have used frozen corn, pinto beans, rotel, ground turkey, etc.
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 59.14 ml chopped green pepper
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 425.24 g can kidney beans, drained
- 236.59 ml instant rice, prepared
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- 158.51 ml shredded American cheese
- Pre heat oven to 375.
- In a skillet, brown beef, onion, and green pepper. Pour off excess fat.
- Stir in salt and chili powder.
- In a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish, alternate layers of beef mixture, beans, rice, and tomato sauce.
- Sprinke with cheese.
- Bake for 15 minute.