Recipe by JenJenMarie
I found this recipe on the back of a box of HEB Instant Rice. I make variations of it all the time using whatever I have on hand. I have used frozen corn, pinto beans, rotel, ground turkey, etc.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup instant rice, prepared
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2⁄3 cup shredded American cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre heat oven to 375.
- In a skillet, brown beef, onion, and green pepper. Pour off excess fat.
- Stir in salt and chili powder.
- In a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish, alternate layers of beef mixture, beans, rice, and tomato sauce.
- Sprinke with cheese.
- Bake for 15 minute.