Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Gone in an instant. Big hit at family gatherings.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 (7 ounce) jars roasted cashews
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- Melt butter with oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add cashews, and cook 3-5 minutes or until browned.
- Remove cashews, and drain on paper towels; place in a bowl.
- Combine salt, cayenne, and chili powder in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle over warm cashews, tossing to coat.
Yummy! I also omitted the cayenne pepper, because I was afraid it would be too spicy. I might try including a dash next time. I added a dash of cumin to add a little smokey flavor. I'm including these with my holiday gifts of sweets and nuts.
Perfect for indulgent munching! I didn't have enough cashews so I used a mixture of cashews and almonds. I also omitted the cayenne pepper because it seemed spicy enough without it. There was quite a bit of the butter-oil mixture left over after frying, which made me feel real good! :-) Thanks, this one was very easy and fun to make.