Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have no idea where I got this, but it sure is tasty!
Make and share this Spicy Cashew Chicken Stir Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml fresh ginger, minced
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 2-inch strips
- 709.77 ml broccoli florets
- 3 green onions, white and green parts, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 29.58 ml hoisin sauce
- 14.79 ml dark sesame oil
- 7.39 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 29.58 ml cashew halves
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and warm over med-high heat.
- Add the garlic & ginger and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken and cook, stirring constantly, for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Add the broccoli and cook, stirring constantly,for 3 minutes or until it's crisp-tender.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and add the green onion.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine the hoisin sauce, oil, and red pepper flakes.
- Pour into the pan and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes or until all is blended.
- Stir in cashews and serve.
Vergy good! I had no broccoli in so i subed with coloured sweet peppers and did add one chopped jalepino papper. The only thing I would do differently next time would be to add more ginger, the one teaspoon was not enought for our tastes. We loved the hoisen sauce , nice change for a stirfry. Served it over plain brown rice. Thanks for posting, I will make it again.
I'll echo the other reviews--this is very quick and easy and is quite tasty! The hoisin sauce is a nice change from soy-sauce based recipes (though I have to admit I added a splash of soy at the end!). Like other reviewers I added liquid (vegetable broth) when cooking the broccoli and again when mixing in the sauce, about 1/2 cup altogether. I used 1 t of the red pepper flakes and it was just the right level of spice, and this is coming from someone who LOVES spicy food. Thanks for a keeper recipe!
I made this just as written and I loved it. I did have to add a little water to the skillet when cooking broccoli so it would not burn, but just enough to kind of steam it a little. I then added a little more water at the end with the oil/hoisin sauce to make it blend well with the chicken/veggies. I agree that this is an easy quick fix with lots of flavor