Napoleon Dynamite's Note:
Adapted from fastpaleo.com. Sounds easy enough!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 yellow onions or 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 inch piece ginger, peeled and grated (or more, depending on how much you like ginger)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 zucchini, peeled and julienned into long noodle like strands
- 2 bunches baby bok choy (about 3 cups) or 2 bunches kale, cut into thin strips (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup smooth cashew butter
- 1 cup hot water
- chopped cashews and red pepper flakes
- 1- Over medium heat in a soup pot, heat the olive oil and sesame oil.
- 2- Once oil is hot, add the onion, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, and mushrooms. You made need a bit more oil, add if necessary.
- 3- Cook until onions are soft and mushrooms cook down and get some color (5-10 mins).
- 4- Add in the cooked, shredded chicken. Cook until chicken gets heated through (5 mins).
- 5- Add in 4 cups of stock and bring to a boil.
- 6- Once boiling, add zucchini and bok choy or kale. Let this come up to a boil, then turn the heat down to simmer.
- 7- Let the mixture simmer for about 15 minutes or until the veggies are tender.
- 8- In a seperate bowl, mix 1 cup of hot water with the cashew butter and add that mixture to your soup. Make sure you mix the cashew butter and water very well before adding to the pot to ensure all the cashew butter makes it into the soup.
- 9- Serve and garnish with chopped cashews and red pepper flakes.
- 10If you want more liquid to your soup, feel free to add more water or stock to your liking.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Cashew Chicken Soup (Paleo)
Serving Size: 1 (479 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.6
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 48.3 mg
- Sodium 399.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 22.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
smooth cashew butter