Recipe Source: Without Reservations by Joey Altman Use thigh or leg meat for the most flavor, or breasts to lighten the dish up.
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon hot Chinese chili paste
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 small yellow onion, in 1 inch dice
- 2 celery ribs, in 1/2 inch dice
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted roasted cashews
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 scallion, sliced thinly on the diagonal (optional garnish)
- Stir together the hoisin, oyster sauce, sesame oil, and chili paste.
- Heat a wok over medium-high heat. Add 2 tbsp vegetable oil and the chicken. Leave chicken for a minute or two to sear. Then stir fry for another minute or two until lightly browned.
- Add 1 tbsp vegetable oil to pan with the celery, onions, cashews, and garlic. Stir-fry about 2 minutes, until crisp-tender. Add sauce mixture and chicken to pan. Stir-fry about 3-4 minutes longer, until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is thicked. Serve with rice and garnished with scallions.