Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love this soup!! Very different flavors that I think work well together. If you have a bent for the unusual, you may want to give it a try.
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions, carrots, celery, salt, and chili paste.
- Stirring frequently, saute the vegetables over high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add in the water, cover the pot, and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 25 minutes or until the carrots are soft.
- Add in the peanut butter, soy sauce, and lime juice; stir to combine.
- Puree the soup in batches using an electric blender.
- Reheat soup if necessary and serve hot.
I love this soup! I got the recipe from the Moosewood Cookbook. I can easily eat 2 bowls at a time and have to stop myself from eating more. Fortunately, it's pretty good for you. I like the extra flavor of chicken broth so I use broth in place of water, which renders it non-vegetarian, however.
this was very good.. i did use homemade chicken broth instead of water and i added garlic and some ginger and some chili lime spice. Definitley will make this again!
Really nice & unusual. We went without the celery, used crushed chili & crushed/pureed peanuts. We might add a potato with the carrots next time, too.