Prep 2 mins
Cook 35 mins
I had some carrots and really like blending things, so I made some soup
Make and share this Spicy Carrot Peanut Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1⁄4 red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 medium onion, diced
- 1 serrano pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (I used organic- just ground peanuts)
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 pinch cardamom
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- Cook the carrots, peppers, and onions in some olive oil in a pot until mushy.
- Add the peanut butter, mix to distribute evenly.
- After adding around a cup of water or stock, blend all of that stuff in a blender.
- Return to pot,.
- Add lime juice.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Once the soup has reached desired thickness, add the herbs and spices, and a little bit more black pepper.
- Serve hot with croutons or crackers.