Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my grandmother's recipe and very moist and yummy!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup oat bran, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, shredded
- 2 large tart apples, peeled and shredded
- 1 cup raisins (I use raisins) or 1 cup pecans (I use raisins)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 4 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Lightly grease muffin cups or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oat bran, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Stir in brown sugar.
- Fold in carrots, apples, and raisins.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, milk, egg whites, and vanilla.
- Making a well in center of dry ingredients, add liquid mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until done.