1/1 Photo of Spicy Carrot Ginger Soupers
My first attempt to make "carrot soup", and I was far from disappointed. It's totally sweet with no added sugars or sweeteners, but spicy from the ginger. Try and you will find yourself excuses at the store for buying 2 extra pounds of baby carrots. And it's cheap, fast, and comforting!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop and prepare all vegetables and put into a bowl. Put garlic and ginger in a small, separate bowl.
- 2In large dutch oven heat olive oil until it shimmers. Add vegetables, season with salt and pepper, and cook until tender.
- 3Add garlic and ginger to vegetable mix and stir well until very fragrant without burning.
- 4Add chicken stock, cayenne, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Cook until all vegetables are very soft.
- 6With an immersion blender, puree soup and re-taste for seasoning. If desired add cream, half-n-half, milk, or otherwise.
- 7Heat to a simmer but do not boil if you creamed it.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Carrot Ginger Soupers
Serving Size: 1 (564 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.9
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 9.6 mg
- Sodium 593.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 13.7 g
- Protein 9.7 g