My first attempt to make "carrot soup", and I was far from disappointed. It's totally sweet with no added sugars or sweeteners, but spicy from the ginger. Try and you will find yourself excuses at the store for buying 2 extra pounds of baby carrots. And it's cheap, fast, and comforting!
- Chop and prepare all vegetables and put into a bowl. Put garlic and ginger in a small, separate bowl.
- In large dutch oven heat olive oil until it shimmers. Add vegetables, season with salt and pepper, and cook until tender.
- Add garlic and ginger to vegetable mix and stir well until very fragrant without burning.
- Add chicken stock, cayenne, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook until all vegetables are very soft.
- With an immersion blender, puree soup and re-taste for seasoning. If desired add cream, half-n-half, milk, or otherwise.
- Heat to a simmer but do not boil if you creamed it.