- 1 1⁄2 lbs carrots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 small onion, grated
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon harissa
- salt & pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the carrots & garlic in a pan of boiling water until tender. Remove from heat & drain.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan then add the onion & cook 3 minutes. Reduce heat then add the cumin & cook until fragrant.
- Stir in the lemon juice, harissa, carrots & garlic, heat for another minute or two.
- Remove from heat then mash together. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve chilled with bread.