Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This spicy Tunisian dish is served cold as a dip for bread.
Make and share this Spicy Carrot Dip recipe from Food.com.
- Cook the carrots & garlic in a pan of boiling water until tender. Remove from heat & drain.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan then add the onion & cook 3 minutes. Reduce heat then add the cumin & cook until fragrant.
- Stir in the lemon juice, harissa, carrots & garlic, heat for another minute or two.
- Remove from heat then mash together. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve chilled with bread.
I love carrots so this recipe would be excelent for me & I think it would be good for my nephew lukas as well!
This just didn't work for me. I made my own harissa paste because I couldn't find any at the store. Used quite a bit of dried chiles, but the taste was all carrot and cinnamon. Not spicy at all. It's kind of bland even with those roasted spices. Sorry that this didn't work for us. Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders Tag.
This is quite a unique recipe for us that we liked very much. We can see serving it with a lamb dish and warm pitas as a condiment. I made 1 serving using 3 large carrots and using Got the 2bleu's Hot Sauce which is our version of Harissa and got 3/4 cup of dip. Rather than mashing, I put it in the mini food processor. We enjoyed it warm with dinner (it was great when cooled too). Note: make sure you like hot-spicy dishes as this is very very hot- spicy, but also very very good!)