Interested in a wonderful spring soup? This soup is nice and creamy but packs a nice, peppery punch.
- 2 -3 tablespoons olives or 2 -3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 onions (sliced)
- 3 garlic cloves (coarsely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (chopped) (optional)
- 1 cayenne pepper (sliced, removing seeds optional)
- 500 -600 g carrots (chopped)
- 4 tomatoes (diced)
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1 1⁄2 liters water
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, as garnish
- 1 lime
- Heat oil in pan at medium, add onion, cayenne pepper and garlic. Cook until onion is translucent (taking care not to burn the garlic).
- Add chopped carrot and tomato (and ginger, optional) and cook for another 5 or 10 minutes, stirring about every minute.
- Add bouillion cubes and water (water should just about immerse the contents of the pan).
- Simmer until carrots are tender.
- Blend the contents of the pan and return to pan.
- Stir in coconut milk and heat through without allowing it to boil.
- Serve and add cilantro and lime juice to taste. The lime juice helps mellow out the heat of the cayenne pepper.