1/1 Photo of Spicy Carrot-Cake Bars
The swirl of sweetened cream cheese running through these bars is a nice counter balance to the spicy carrot and pineapple flecked cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice, drained
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease 13x9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3In medium bowl combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, salt and allspice, set aside.
- 4In large bowl, using wire whisk, beat oil, brown sugar and eggs until well blended about 1 minute.
- 5Stir in shredded carrots, pineapple and flour mixture until just blended.
- 6Spread batter evenly in pan.
- 7For topping: in small bowl, using wire whisk, beat together cream cheese, sugar and flour until creamy.
- 8Add egg and lemon juice; beat well.
- 9Drop spoonfuls of cream cheese filling onto batter in a random pattern.
- 10Using a table knife, cut through the mixture to create a marbled effect.
- 11Bake 25 minutes or until top is set and edges pull away from sides of pan.
- 12Transfer pan to wire rack and cool completely.
- 13Cut into 32 bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Carrot-Cake Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.4
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 64.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 1.5 g